Clinical Dietician- Bariatrics, Augusta- Full-time, SUMMER TEMP
6 East Chestnut
Augusta, Maine, 04330
If you’ve ever spent time in Maine, you know that we LIVE for summertime here. Why not come enjoy what Maine has to offer and get paid while you’re here? Central Maine is a great location to be close to it all: the lakes and mountains of Northern Maine, the quaint seaside towns of Midcoast & Downeast Maine, and miles & miles of beaches.
We are offering an exciting temporary opportunity for an experienced Dietician to join the MaineGeneral Health Bariatric Center team for the Summer season. This position is Responsible for the nutritional management of patients who are planning for bariatric surgery and who have previously undergone bariatric surgery at our facility.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- This position requires extensive knowledge in the treatment of obesity and the use of nutritional and behavioral modification techniques to effectively communicate information to patients and colleagues.
- Serves as a resource person in the area of bariatric surgery for the hospital and community.
- Case management of post surgery patients
- Assist with facilitation of patient support group several times a month
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Requires exemplary teaching skills in both the pre and post-op setting to promote adherence to a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- Maine State licensure as a Dietitian required.
- Registered as a Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required within 6 months of hire.
- ServSafe preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.