Senior Finance Director
Full time, exempt
Finance and Acct Recv Mgmt
Are you a seasoned finance leader with a knack for discovering the insights hidden in the numbers? Can you create effective and relatable stories to convey the information in those numbers to peers and leaders? We are looking for someone who can engage others in the story of our business’ development, showing its full potential and how they can play a role in realizing it! The Senior Finance Director is a critical and key member of our leadership team reporting directly to the CFO and primarily responsible for reimbursements, managing payer contracts and financial modeling. Consider joining our finance team built upon deep knowledge and experience with exceptional technical and analytical skills by submitting a resume today!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Maine State Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- 5-10 years of significant/pertinent financial planning and analysis experience; knowledge of healthcare, managed care, insurance or financial services; Prior P&L responsibility.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Financial modeling and strong analytical skills required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tell a compelling story and motivate others.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bring industry expertise in negotiating and managing contractual relationships to optimize the organization’s healthcare costs.
- Model contract proposals, drafts contract terms, review and recommend strategy, negotiate and finalize new/renewed/renegotiated health plan, health system, ACO or other payor agreements.
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Develop successful and trusting relationships with the organization’s Board members, senior management team, finance team, external auditors, financial entities, funders and vendors through open and transparent communication and a team-oriented approach.
- Ensure execution of departmental operations, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate complex departmental budgets, and ensure that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Oversee comprehensive internal/external audits.
Supporting all aspects of our employees’ wellness – physical, emotional and financial – is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
We offer quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees - We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource – they’re how we grow our business and care for our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.